Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hibernate fails in Ubuntu 8.04

Upon, first installing Ubuntu, I am pretty sure that both the sleep and hibernate functions worked on my computer. They have not been working recently though. When the computer attempts to hibernate, I see this issue:

[ some varying # (time stamp I assume) ]: i8042 kbd 00:07: activation failed

The screen then goes blank after a few minutes and the computer shuts down. When I hit the power button, I must completely reboot. 

I reverted back to the old kernel (2.6.24-19) to see if this solved the issue, but to no avail. Interestengly though, the function keys still worked, so that means another update besides the kernel was responsible for them suddenly working.

The Ubuntu mystery continues....

If anyone has any ideas on the hibernate issue, I am all ears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment