Sunday, February 21, 2016

February's Baking Challenge: Molten Chocolate Cake

This year I decided to take on Cake Baking Bucket List challenge. Each month I am baking a different cake, learning some new tricks, and honing my skills.

February's cake is a molten chocolate cake. One of the things I love about the recipe is that it make 4 individual cakes, perfect for having a couple friends over for dinner. It's also extremely simple and fast. The cakes bake in 12 minutes, and since you want to serve them warm, there is hardly any wait time. I made them after dinner on Friday night, and the whole process took about 30 minutes from initial prep to first bite.

Once I had the cakes placed on dessert plates, I sprinkled them with powdered sugar and topped them with a small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Delicious!

Edit: we just ate the remaining two cakes last night (they'll keep 5 days in a airtight Tupperware in the fridge), and I drizzled some caramel sauce over the top once I added the scoop of ice cream. Amazing! Caramel sauce and vanilla bean ice cream: that is definitely my recommended way to serve these.















No comments:

Post a Comment